Balance your emotions
In order to balance our emotions we need to:
1. open to our emotional suffering;
2. allow it to feel them with our awareness (becoming observer);
3. and ground them (by grounding ourselves regularly).
When we do all of the three steps, then we can experience the power of emotions which bring us movement and healing of our body/life. But facing with our emotions is vital and necessary to learn how to approach to them with an awareness. I lead you below with two different practices for two types of emotional unbalance.
2 Types of emotional unbalance
a) Not feeling any emotions at all
– A person was growing up in the environment where expressing his/her emotions was not allowed or was treated as a sin. Or a person experienced some sort of trauma, disappointment, death…which created an intense emotional suffering. As consequence a person did not allow itself to feel any emotional hurt any longer.
First comes the separation from the emotional pain, but gradually the separation expands to the extend where the access to any emotions is out of reach. A person start to live very doll live with not much or any aliveness in their life.
b) Full identification to emotional pains
– A person is experiencing emotions as they would be their truth and they feel their emotions very good. Example: When a person feel sad, it feels it as though he/she is sad and does not realize that sadness is an emotional hurt and not who essentially he/she is. A person does not have a conscious strength or so to speak the presence to step out of emotional. In that case we call that the identification with emotions.
With this type of unbalance, a person is not able to feel its personal inner strength but is used by their emotional suffering.
PRACTICE – FOR THOSE WHO ARE SEPARATED FROM EMOTIONS
In your case, opening to feel your emotions again and learning how to feel them is the most vital.
1. Start to ask yourself “How do I feel?” or “What do I feel in this moment” and be willing to know the answer;
2. It does not matter if you do not feel any emotions at all. Just continue to asking yourself those questions;
3. Ask yourself questions at least 3 times a day when you are alone. And every time when you have conversation with someone or when you are challenged. Ask yourself quietly;
4. When you ask those question, put your attention to observing your breathing. That is how you enter into deeper self and helping yourself to come to the emotions;
5. At the beginning you might not feel emotions clearly. But you are going to feel some sort of physical sensations such as: fast heart beat, tension in legs, weight in the chest area, swirling sensations on your head, chest weight etc. This is sign that you have awakened the emotional pains which body already responds to them. So this is very good sign. At that moment place your full attention to the part of physical sensation and continue to ask yourself one of the question.
6. Gradually you are going to feel the emotions. Now it is important allow them to feel. That means that if you feel sad or angry, allow yourself to feel angry. That is not actually you, but is part of you that needs your healing. So your work is allow them to feel and when you do feel them, you are healing them. That means that they are dissolving.
PRACTICE – FOR THOSE WHO ARE IDENTIFIED WITH THEIR EMOTIONS
In your case, you need to expand your inner conscious strength to be able to step out of the identification with your emotions. And also practicing observing your emotions to activate healing.
1. When the emotional pain arises, you need to become aware that this is actually pain and not who you are. If you feel fear, depression, sadness, anger, no willingness, disappointments, bitterness..this is the pain in you.
2. Now when you are aware of the pain, start to observe your pain as you would observe your breathing. Observing your emotional pain separates you from the pain. Observing is also the connection to your true self (consciousness) that starts to heal that pain. Observe your for example sadness, how it behaves, how strong it is, what kind of thoughts it causes and be intense observer.
3. You might be drawn to feed the emotional pain because you have been doing that for a long time. But practicing consciouss observation makes you stronger and alert to step out of it. When you step out of it – which you do as observer – you are healing it. Some of the emotional pains needs more observing and intense of presence. Others less.
VULNERABILITY AS WEAKNESS?
It is very known that showing your own vulnerability is weakness and it will make your life only worse. I agree in the case when we do not approach to our vulnerability with our awareness. In this case, our emotional pains causes even more pains, more dramas and even more challenges.
But when we approach to our vulnerability with our awareness, by observing our emotions, you are increasing the strength within you and balance inner state. That is how you balance our state.
We need to feel the vulnerability and learn to express it consciously in order to balance emotions, balance our life and heal ourselves.
To fully step into motion and healing of your body/live, you need to balance your emotions by including following practices:
– regular healing meditation;
– grounding yourself;
– taking our power back practice;
– connecting to yourself;
You can find all the practices mentioned above in one place by clicking here.